district Court
Prosecutor demands several years in prison after knife attack

Because he is said to have repeatedly stabbed a youth he knew, a 20-year-old from Schwerin faces several years in prison. After the evidence had been taken, the public prosecutor’s office on Friday before the district court in Schwerin demanded a youth sentence of three and a half years for dangerous bodily harm. She also charged the accused with assault and property damage. The defender admitted the allegations, but pleaded for a youth sentence of up to two years, which should be suspended on probation. According to the court spokesman, the verdict will be announced on Friday.

Because he is said to have repeatedly stabbed a youth he knew, a 20-year-old from Schwerin faces several years in prison. After the evidence had been taken, the public prosecutor’s office asked the district court on Friday to Schwerin a juvenile sentence of three and a half years for dangerous bodily harm. She also charged the accused with assault and property damage. The defender admitted the allegations, but pleaded for a youth sentence of up to two years, which should be suspended on probation. According to the court spokesman, the verdict will be announced on Friday.

According to the indictment, the 20-year-old stabbed the then 16-year-old victim several times in December last year in downtown Schwerin with a long knife. The attack occurred as the youth got off the tram. He suffered life-threatening injuries from the knife wounds and, according to the information, could only be saved by emergency surgery.

dpa